Thursday, May 31, 2012
1. Blue Hydrangea. Sweet Blue Hydrangea. How I love thee!
2. Sugar snap peas are in! They have to be my favorite spring vegetable. My favorite 'while gardening' snack. I eat them by the handful when I'm out working in the garden. We've been eating a lot of stir fries with peas, green onions, carrots and garlic from the garden. This weekend I'll freeze some, so we can have them this winter.
3. Lavender. I wish I had scratch 'n sniff, so you could smell these blossoms. Some of the dried flowers will be making their way into my Etsy shop in the form of jewelry in the near future.
4. Garlic circle. I harvested our garlic yesterday. It's early this year, but so if everything else. They spent the day outside, in the shade of the umbrella.
5. The Jackmanii Clematis is in full bloom. I love, love, love this plant.
We haven't had much rain lately, although it's supposed to rain this afternoon and evening. Hopefully we won't get the high winds and hail that they mentioned. Fingers crossed. As soon as we do get the rain, I'll be tilling and planting the rest of the summer garden. And I'll be munching on sugar snaps as I do it.
Friday, May 25, 2012
I'm having a sale in my jewelry shop this weekend to kick off the beginning of summer. All IN STOCK items are marked down 10% until Tuesday morning at 12:00 AM CST.
Enjoy the long holiday weekend. We're planning on chilling at home, cutting grass, gardening and firing up the grill. I'm also going to try and convince John that we need a pool. Wish me luck!
Those are mockingbird babies.
Thursday, May 3, 2012
This week in the gardens:
1. Lettuce. Broccoli. Lemon Balm. And a white rose peaking through the trellis.
2. Clematis in full bloom. I love this variety.
3. Chamomile and Oregano.
4. Solomon Seal.
5. Variegated Ivy.