Thursday, June 4, 2015

Dear June









   

Dear June,

I wonder what you have in store for me. May managed to freak me the fpck out, starting with two weeks of no rain and having to water the young garden, followed by two weeks of almost non stop rain; ending with a downpour so heavy that all the gardens looked like lakes when all was said and done.
It looks like everything might be OK, but it's still too early to tell. I ended up digging up all of our pepper plants and putting them back in their pots because the round bed was holding water and the plants would have died. I'm hoping to transplant them back this weekend now that the sun is out.
A lone deer decided to check out the garden and nibbled on a few corn seedlings. I put up the 'deer fence' similar to the one that I used last year and so far, so good. Knock on wood. 
Chicken wire went up to protect the beans from rabbits. Hopefully groundhogs too, if one show up.
I love getting up every morning and checking in on the different beds. So much to do this time of year and I love every minute of it.
Until next time.....