Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Look Ma! No Hands!


And that's exactly how I felt when I was able to add text to my avatars, banners and ads by myself.
It's a well known fact, among the folks that know me, that I'm not very fond of sitting in front of the computer. And because of that, I'm very limited with what I can do on one, but I was determined to learn. That was the main reason for opening a shop on Etsy a few years ago. Well, I've come a long way in that time, but there are still many things that I can not do. I've paid to have the work done and I've also had some very nice Etsy friends add text to avs and banners for me, but I'm a DIY kind of girl and I wanted to do it myself.

After reading threads on the Etsy forums about PhotoShop, I purchased a copy. Little did I know that I'd have to take a class or read a book just so I could figure it out. There are not enough hours in my day to do that right now, but it's on my list of 'things to do' this winter.

And then a few days ago, I was on the Lollishops Guild board and Sadie Lou posted a link for a site named Picnik. I was hesitant to look at it, but clicked and was pleasantly surprised that it was an EASY site to follow and in less than an hour, I was cranking out avs and banners and ads. Oh my! I may have gone a little overboard. Hey, I was actually having fun!
Check it out:
http://www.picnik.com/
And look for more info in the coming days about Lollishops.com. I'll be there, with text on. :)
Until next time.....

9 comments:

jnicdesigns said...

Yea! Now you can teach me ;)

Katie said...

It is so easy, you don't need a teacher. :)

Alissa said...

Photoshop is a beast to tame! There's so much to it, that you would never have to use if you just wanted to know basic editing or sizing/cropping. Piknik is good, and Iphoto too if you have a Mac--it's just the right amount of stuff without being overwhelming.

elleabelle said...

Oh! I cannot wait to try it out!!

Kathy Hardy said...

Awesome!!!! What version of PhotoShop do you have? There are books called "Classroom in a book" that Adobe has out for all of its software. I got the one for PhotoShop CS and went through it lesson by lesson. It's very easy to follow that way and it's hands on training. Good luck!! Oh, and you go girl :)

LindsayLuu said...

ooo, I hadn't heard of this site. Going to check it out right now!

Katie said...

Hey Kat. I have Photoshops Elements 2.0. I'll check the book out. May be my winter reading. Thanks. :)

Good Dirt Jewelry said...

I love Picnik! I love it so much I went ahead and paid for the extras :) Photoshop made my brain hurt!

msbelle said...

Oh, I've been a big fan of Picnik for a while now and just love, love, love it! It's fun!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin