Tuesday, May 12, 2009

DIY ~ Grow Your Own Herbs


Herbs are so easy to grow and like everything else from the garden, tastes so much better than store bought. You don't need a lot of space to grow herbs. Many of them do just fine in pots.
I grow many of our cooking and tea herbs and put them in our freezer; either fresh or dried.



For fresh herbs, I chop them and pack them into freezer containers. For dried ones, I hang them indoors in bunches until dried, then strip them off the stalks and pack them in freezer containers. I take out as much as I need when I'm cooking. Remember to label the containers with the contents.
The photos are chamomile from our garden. It reseeds itself and pops up in the strangest of places. I dry them in bunches and pack them in containers to use in tea and herbal preparations.
Until next time.....