Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday Morning


Our new blueberry bushes have really loved all this rain that we've had this spring. I planted them a few weeks ago and they are already loaded with berries. Blueberries make great landscaping plants. Besides giving you all those wonderful berries, they grow into a living privacy screen.
I know that the mockingbirds at the Blueberry Farm in our area love the berries. They can be seen and heard throughout the field; feeding their babies. (sits here wondering how things will go around here with our birds). I'll let you know.
Until next time.....

9 comments:

Audrey said...

Looks like you will have a great crop of blueberries. I love blueberries!! We can't have any bushes - way to many birds. Sucks.

Katie said...

We have a lot of different kinds of birds also. I can't wait to see what happens.

ARTISANNE said...

How wonderful, growing your own delicious blueberries! IMPRESSED :0)

Denise said...

Wow KT - your growing season is so much farther ahead than mine. I'm just planting my garden today :) I love blueberries and look forward to picking strawberries in a few weeks!

scott garrette said...

Those look sooooo cool! I like the color they have, nice shot!

Gypsy Moon Designs said...

You are such a good photographer. It almost seems like one can pick them!

Sophie said...

That is soo wonderful! I so want a garden!! My apt is too small and dark for anything to grow here.

xo
Sophie

BlenderBach said...

oh wow! I had a lot of fun visiting Michigan as a kid and picking blueberries :) I wish I could grow them here!

Sherry said...

Oh, those are beautiful. And yes, they do draw the mockingbirds. So do our blackberries.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin