Friday, April 16, 2010

The Cottage Garden Revisited

My garden is filled with plants that I've carried with me throughout the years. Many of them are heirloom plants and seeds that date back 50+ years. Right now, my lilac bushes are in full bloom. These bushes came from small clumps that I dug up from John's grandmother's shrub.
My jewelry garden is filled with vintage glass flowers. Some of those flowers make their way into my deStash shop. In my minds eye, they mirror my garden.
Until next time.....

3 comments:

Sherry said...

I can almost smell the lilacs, ours are still a week or so to bloom. yours are lovely!

msbelle said...

OH you lucky, lucky woman!! I wish there was smell-i-puter-vision too!! (so it's not a word but hey, you get the idea). They're gorgeous!!

My mom's bushes got zapped again this year by frost. She had 2 inch buds coming on too. :(

Fringe said...

Oh, such beautiful posies! I'm sentimental about flowers too. It's so meaningful to have something growing in your garden that was once growing in grama's garden.

Your bracelet is all kinds of wonderful too!

xo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin