Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pink


When I was a wee bit of a BlackStar, my favorite color was pink. I had a pink room. A pink carpet. My mother even painted my furniture pink. My stuffed animals were all pink. I had a pink and gray poodle that I would tie to the tree in the front yard. I would put him in a sitting position and there he sat, with a bowl of water. Blame my parents. They wouldn't let us have pets. Don't worry. I more than made up for it when I moved out on my own.
I outgrew my pink phase long ago. I'm more of an earth tone kinda girl now. Something's happening. I can't put my finger on it, but I find myself looking at pink things. Again. And I have several pink pieces in my shop. I don't think John will have to worry. I'm not planning on painting the walls pink. But I did have on a long sleeve pink t-shirt this morning. Actually, it was dusty rose. As long as I don't tie any stuffed animals out in the front yard, I think I'll be OK.