Friday, February 16, 2007

It's Official


Spring is just around the corner. The signs are all here. My daffodils are in full bud, even with a sprinkling of snow on them. The mockingbirds are doing the NBA chest butt. The wild green onions are growing in the yard. And I got my APS seed starters out. Ah, spring.....

It's time to start some of spring garden seeds. The cole crops are the first to get planted. Broccoli, cabbage and cauilflower seedlings will soon be poking through the seed starting mix. This year I'm planting orange and purple cauliflower. These are two of the new varieties that I'm growing in the '07 garden.

I placed a gemstone order this week. It might sound ordinary to you, but I very rarely buy gemstones anymore since my vintage addiction took over. The beads are due to arrive on Monday. I'll be posting new pieces in my Etsy shop soon, so keep checking back to see if there's anything that strikes your fancy.

Soon my leisure time will be less and less as the Earth comes back to life. This bear is going to have to come out of hibernation and get back to work. I think I'll take advantage of every last minute before I'm mowing grass, working the garden and (dare I say it out loud?) staining the siding on the house. Now, what do I want to do until the mad rush begins? Until next time.....