Sunday, September 23, 2007

Waffles and Pancakes= Autumn


As the weather cools off a bit, it seems like I'm not the only one craving certain comfort foods. If you've spent any time in the Etc forum on Etsy this past week, you've gained a few e-pounds with the rest of us. Maple syrup, pumpkin pie pancakes, waffles, crisps and crunches, Fat Daddy's Cupcakes, Rosy's brownies and on and on and on.....
So, of course I added maple syrup to my grocery list. It's a staple in this house from Sept until Spring. And I made several batches of waffles since that purchase. After all, today is the first day of Autumn.
This is one of the simplest waffle/pancake recipes that I have. It's completely foolproof. I use unbleached flour, whole wheat or a mix of both. I add fruit and/or nuts when the mood strikes. So, head to the store, pull out the waffle iron or iron skillet and get ready for Fall.

1 1/2 cup flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons melted butter or oil

mix the dry ingredients together. mix the wet ingredients together. blend them together. bake. enjoy.
~sorry there's no picture. I ate the waffles before I decided to blog about them.
Until next time.....