Sunday, September 23, 2007

Waffles and Pancakes= Autumn


As the weather cools off a bit, it seems like I'm not the only one craving certain comfort foods. If you've spent any time in the Etc forum on Etsy this past week, you've gained a few e-pounds with the rest of us. Maple syrup, pumpkin pie pancakes, waffles, crisps and crunches, Fat Daddy's Cupcakes, Rosy's brownies and on and on and on.....
So, of course I added maple syrup to my grocery list. It's a staple in this house from Sept until Spring. And I made several batches of waffles since that purchase. After all, today is the first day of Autumn.
This is one of the simplest waffle/pancake recipes that I have. It's completely foolproof. I use unbleached flour, whole wheat or a mix of both. I add fruit and/or nuts when the mood strikes. So, head to the store, pull out the waffle iron or iron skillet and get ready for Fall.

1 1/2 cup flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons melted butter or oil

mix the dry ingredients together. mix the wet ingredients together. blend them together. bake. enjoy.
~sorry there's no picture. I ate the waffles before I decided to blog about them.
Until next time.....

4 comments:

Sandra Eileen - Artisan Jewelry For Your Good Life said...

Looks good.

We enjoyed candied giner and pear waffles this morning. mmmm.

jnicdesigns said...

Yummy! I love my little waffle iron but I say waffles all year round! =)

Jamie said...

I woke up at 3am yesterday morning craving chicken and dumplings. I hope I can make it through the night now that I've read this post with your waffle recipe.

Only a few weeks away from getting your Canadian maple syrup.

msbelle said...

No picture!? Why, I'm insulted! Your admiring public wants pictures, don't you know?

Love waffles. Especially with some kind of strawberries and chocolate on them.

By the way, love your shop. It's looking a lot like fall. Very nice selection and wonderful colors. It looks so good! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin