Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mookite Love


Long before I fell in love with vintage beads, I used to work with gemstones. There are still some stones that I'm drawn to and pull out of my stash every once in a while. Mookite is one of them.
Nothing screams Autumn more than Mookite to me. So many different colors. I love them all. They remind me of Indian corn. Each one is different. I remember the year that I grew Indian corn in my garden. Every ear that I opened was a surprise. You never knew what you would find when you peeled back the husk.


I just finished a necklace and listed it in my jewelry shop. I also listed four extra strands in my deStash shop. Click on the pictures to get to them.
Yep, Autumn is rolling in. Today is dark, rainy, cool. It's a soup day. It's a Mookite day.
Until next time.....

8 comments:

Leaves of Glass said...

such a gorgeous stone - one of the few that almost (almost!) tempt me away from glass. every time i see it, i have to stop and argue with myself. lovely pictures, lovely necklace.

Girl216Designs said...

Wow - the moonkite is gorgeous. And I saw the necklace's name - perfect choice. It DOES remind me of fall here in TN.

Sherry said...

I really didn't know this stone, it's so beautiful and it's that kind of day here too.

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Love it. I checked out some of your other creations in your Etsy shop. Your bronze acorn earrings are sweet!

SB said...

Wow, these beads are so gorgeous! Really lovely :)

Jeanie - Dark Horse Arts and Gifts said...

What a great find! I too enjoy gemstone and have not heard of mookite before. They are amazing and perfect for fall. Thanks for sharing.

prashant said...

one of the few that almost (almost!) tempt me away from glass. every time i see it, i have to stop and argue with myself. lovely pictures, lovely necklace.
Domain registration india

Anonymous said...

Its very beautiful pearl. I like it very much. I like its jewelry very much. I like Engagement rings, silver bangles and Diamond wedding rings also very much.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin