Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Althea



Back in 2003 on this day, I walked into a local shelter and brought Althea home. We were told that she was about 2-3 years old. Best eighty bucks I ever spent! Besides being super smart, well behaved and protective, she does a great job running my Etsy jewelry shop. Since we don't know her actual birthday or age, we chose May 14th; the day we brought her into our home.

With summer coming up, I know that many folks will be getting pets. Please consider checking out your local shelters and rescues. There are so many amazing animals, sitting in cages, waiting for a second chance.
xoxo



7 comments:

Kathy Hardy said...

What a happy story! Happy Birthday, Althea!!! You sure a lucky, Katie ~ ♥

msbelle said...

Awww. She's beloved by all of us, but I'm sure you love her most!

Happy Birthday Althea! You have a truly wonderful mom and you do run a great shop! Mwah!

BlackStar said...

xoxo to you both!

ShySiren said...

I'm usually a dog person, but that cat has won my heart--she is one of the most beautiful cats I've ever seen...how lucky for both of you to meet up. Happy Birthday!

BlackStar said...

Well, we do call her a 'cat dog' ShySiren. She acts a lot like a dog. :)

Fringe said...

Happy Birthday, Althea! You pretty kitty you!

xo

AmyE said...

aww waht a cutie!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin