Saturday, July 17, 2010

New Flickr Garden Group for Etsy Folks


Deja vu? For those of you that have been around a while, you know that I used to have an Etsy garden group on flickr that I started several years ago. Note the keywords used to. For those of you that don't know, here's the short of it. The group was fab, but as it grew, it became harder to monitor, only because some folks weren't abiding by the few rules we had. Members were joining and posting links to their Etsy shops and/or blogs or posting items from their shop. All of these things were against the very clearly written out rules.

I sent out emails letting those who did this know why I was removing their photos, but the problem didn't go away. So, I started removing members.
This was supposed to be a FUN group and it was for a couple of years. One day, I got an abusive convo ON Etsy from one of the members that I booted. On that day, I left the group behind.

But, I miss the group and there isn't another one on flickr like it. We had fun there. We were able to leave our shops behind and share pieces of our lives off of Etsy. So, today I decided to start a new group.
Feel free to join: http://www.flickr.com/groups/etsygardeners/

I'd love to have y'all join!
Until next time.....