Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Love Lucy

That's right. The Easter turkey has a name. Everyone needs a name, don't they? According to three people, Lucy is a domestic female Narragansett Turkey. She spent the entire morning with me yesterday, while I worked outside in the gardens. She followed me around like a shadow.

Althea was very interested in Big Bird, so I let her out for a little while. They seemed fairly comfortable around each other.


A storm was rolling in around 1:30 PM. Lucy must have sensed it, crossed the road and disappeared over the horizon.
What a lovely surprise to have this bird walk into our lives; for however long or short the time may be. I love Lucy.
Until next time.....


8 comments:

Judy said...

That is too funny, you just may have a new pet!

Kala Pohl Studio said...

What great photos of Lucy:) I love the one with Lucy and Althea, how cute:)

sassyglassdesigns said...

That's so funny...wonder where she wandered in from. We had a huge Pyreenees mix wander in one day...we found him in with our goats and the other Pyrenees and he is still here almost 1 1/2 years later. Have no clue where he came from but he is good as gold. Check out what's growing in my garden.

Lisa B. said...

Oh I love Lucy too!! That first phot of her is great:D What a fast friend she's become...following your around like that. How sweet!

JustJaynes said...

I love seeing Althea react to Lucy!

Sammy says "Hey Baby" to Althea!

Jamie said...

Those are great photos! What is it with the turkeys these days? My friends in CA can't keep them off of their roof and just yesterday (or maybe the day before) I saw 5 wild turkeys on the side of the road down by the grocery store. They must just be coming out after a long winter? Is this normal and I never noticed it before now?

Again, great photos, Katie. They make me smile. :-)

Katie said...

Hi Jamie! :)
I think they're around in numbers now because it's Spring. They've been out in the field across from here making a lot of noise.
I guess Lucy either went home or went to join the wild turkeys. I haven't seen her in 2 days.

faro said...

How fun, and I see your cat has an interest....

My mom got a Turkey as a gag gift once, she collected the droppings as a return gag to the gift giver. HA!

Pretty bird actually.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin