Monday, June 15, 2009

Bring On The Rain



Yeah, yeah, I know. How can I be wishing for rain after so many days of it this past Spring? Tis the nature of gardening though. But after this weekend, my garden is ready for a light dose of it.

We got the garden weeded, fed and mulched. Now all it needs is some moisture. And according to the local stations, we're supposed to get rain later today. Insert eye roll here. (They're rarely correct).
Here's what happy tomatoes look like after being staked, tied and mulched with leaves.
Until next time.....

8 comments:

Constant Dreamer said...

Beautiful garden!
I cannot wait to grow one of my own.

mhegedus said...

wow! big garden!

Judy said...

Wow!! Are those all tomato plants? Just got a little rain here in my neck of the woods in Tenn. enough to water my little garden.

Katie said...

All tomatoes. Hey, we only got a sprinkle so far. I'm in Williamson County.

livingglassart said...

Your garden looks great-I'll be stopping by later to raid it j/k. Rain heading your way-its pouring as I write this from Decatur County.

Katie said...

The only thing ready to raid is the squash. You can have it! One can only eat so much squash.
It's starting to drizzle now and I hear thunder. Thanks for the weather update. :)

libu said...

you should consider catching rain in a rain barrel for irriagation..catch the rain from your roof.. or http://ag.arizona.edu/yavapai/anr/hort/byg/archive/graywater2006.html
gray water irrigation...I have not done this myself but I'm learning and interested. and my yard is so shady it would be hard to grow anything..

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Beautiful! Come work in my garden anytime;)You are going to have a lot of tomatoes!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin