Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Super Size It

Wow! What a month July was. I can't say that I remember one like it. It rained more than not. The temps were pretty cool at times too! And our garden has gone wild. It looks great, but almost too great. Everything is huge, like it's been super sized. Take a look and see what I mean.....
This is our Lima Bean trellis. It is so lush that the fencing is starting to buckle under the weight of the greenery. I can't imagine what's going to happen when the beans start to mature. I've trimmed it back some, but there's no stopping it.

This is our Autumn Clematis vine. I've trimmed it with garden shears once, but like the Limas, it's gone crazy. I pounded in two stakes and tied it with landscape rope. It should hold for now. I have cedar poles that I'm going to use to make a new trellis for this plant next Spring. If it can only hold on til then.


And here's those sunflowers that I've been posting pictures of. The sweet corn is over 7 feet tall. Those sunflowers are at least 10 feet tall.


But now it's August and the Dog Days of Summer are upon us. Surely this growth will slow down some. Maybe? Hopefully!
Until next time.....