Monday, February 16, 2009

The Blue Fly


Ever get stuck on a name for one of your creations? Names usually come pretty easy for me, until this pair of earrings. The beads are one of my latest favs. I have them in both blue and yellow. They're art deco-ish in design and made with vintage glass. To me, they look like those flies that bug the hell out of you when you're lounging on the beach. You know those kind? On the Florida panhandle, they look like space aged, triangle shaped insects. And they bite!

So, when I took these beads out last week to work with, I had this particular song in my head. You may know it. It's I'm a Spy by Jim Morrison. Except I kept singing "I'm a Fly". Don't ask why? I don't have an answer for you.

When it came to naming the earrings, I could not come up with a name. Well, I did come up with one: Blue Fly Earrings. But didn't feel like explaining in the item description the reason why they were named after a bug. Maybe I should just link this blog post to them.
That's exactly what I'm going to do. Problem solved. Thanks for the ear.
Until next time.....

The Spy
by Jim Morrison
© Doors Music Company ASCAP
I'm a spy in the house of love.
I know the dream that you're dreaming of.
I know the word that you long to hear.
I know your deepest secret fear.
I'm a spy in the house of love.
I know the dream that you're dreaming of.
I know the word that you long to hear.
I know your deepest secret fear.
I know everything.
Everything you do, everywhere you go, everyone you know.
I'm a spy, in the house of love.
I know the dream that you're dreaming of.
I know the word that you long to hear.
I know your deepest secret fear.
I know your deepest secret fear.
I know your deepest secret fear.
I'm a spy, I can see, what you do, and I know.