Monday, February 25, 2013

Granola



One of my favorite spring and summer breakfast foods is granola. I make it with whatever I have on hand. For the sweetener I use either honey, maple syrup or sorghum.
And here's how I do it:

Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
In a large bowl add:
5 1/2 - 6 cups oats
1 - 1 1/2 cups of the following: chopped almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds.
You should have a total of 7 cups of dry ingredients.
In a 1 cup measuring cup add 1/4 cup canola oil and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Add sweetener to the 1 cup mark.
Stir into dry ingredients.
Spread out on a baking pan. Bake for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with raisins and/or dried fruit of your choice.
Transfer to container. I use a large vintage glass jar.
Enjoy!
Until next time.....